It is with shock and sadness that I learned of the sudden passing of my brother David Miller while he was vacationing in Costa Rica yesterday.
Dave was a great guy and loved by many. He was 61 years old.
Please pray for his newly departed soul and for his widow Gail Miller.
There are no plans for services at this time.
Source: Cheryl Miller, Dave’s sister
Dave was a long-time friend of mine and my euchre partner at the San Marino Club, where one year we actually won this ten-week tournament.
I believe a number of you have attended my numerous happy hour parties and know Dave and his wife Gail, who were frequent attendees.
I’m starting to wonder why there seems to be so many rogue police officers. I think back to my union days and I recall there were a number of workers that really should have lost their jobs, but the union kept management from firing them.
Perhaps, the same is true of the police officers unions. I can’t believe that the other seven (I believe that was the number) officers who was on the scene didn’t know this officer who jumped out of his car and fired 16 shots into this teenager didn’t know they had a rogue cop in their ranks.
I bought Rules for a Knight on the 20th of this month and finished it by the 24th of this month. It is definitely as easy read, but it is also a great guide for your journey though life.
From Ethan Hawke, four-time Academy Award nominee—twice for writing and twice for acting—an unforgettable fable about a father’s journey and a timeless guide to life’s many questions. (Source: Amazon.com)
QUOTE FOR THE WEEK
MOVIE OF THE WEEK
Death, who takes the form of a young man, asks a media mogul to act as a guide to teach him about life on Earth and in the process he falls in love with his guide’s daughter. (Source: IMDB)
LAST WEEK’S POLL – Thanksgiving
Probably no surprise that the vast majority of you (76%) were either having Thanksgiving at home or at a friends or relatives house. The remaining 24% may be of interest to you, if you want to check the results of last week’s poll.
THIS WEEK POLL – Goals/Resolutions for 2016
As we move into the last month of the year, many of us will start thinking about goals and resolutions for 2016, so this week’s poll is about your goals/resolutions plans for the coming year.
SONG OF THE WEEK
I had the privilege of seeing a live performance of MC Hammer a few years ago and Hammer is right, “U Can’t Touch This”.
PAINTING OF THE WEEK
Liberty Leading the People by Eugène Delacroix
Delacroix depicted Liberty as both an allegorical goddess-figure and a robust woman of the people. The mound of corpses acts as a kind of pedestal from which Liberty strides, barefoot and bare-breasted, out of the canvas and into the space of the viewer. The Phrygian cap she wears had come to symbolize liberty during the first French Revolution, of 1789–94. The painting has been seen as a marker to the end of the Age of Enlightenment, as many scholars see the end of the French Revolution as the start of the romantic era.
The fighters are from a mixture of social classes, ranging from the bourgeoisie represented by the young man in a top hat, a student from the prestigious École Polytechnique wearing the traditional bicorne, to the revolutionary urban worker, as exemplified by the boy holding pistols. What they have in common is the fierceness and determination in their eyes. Aside from the flag held by Liberty, a second, minute tricolore can be discerned in the distance flying from the towers of Notre Dame. (Source: Wikipedia)
Captain Jack Sparrow
[Captain Jack] Sparrow is one of the nine pirate lords in the Brethren Court, the Pirate Lords of the Seven Seas. He can be treacherous and survives mostly by using wit and negotiation rather than by force, opting to flee most dangerous situations and to fight only when necessary. (Source: Wikipedia)
THIS WEEK’S JOKE
I always appreciate those that leave comments on my weekly posts, since it encourages me to continue these posts. Thank you Tania and Mary. Leaving a comment is easy, just click on “Leave A Comment”, which is immediately below the title of this week’s post. And if instead of seeing “Leave A Comment”, you see “# Comments”, just click on that and scroll down to leave your comment.
If you think this blog has any merit, please pass it on to your friends, as well as liking my Facebook page.
My book can be purchased on-line from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Books-A-Million. It is also available in a ebook format. And if you have read my book, please leave an evaluation of it on Amazon. Thank you.